Changes - Version 5.9.0 - 24 January 2014
- Added AStyle integration.
- Remodeled Help >> About window.
- When looking up a piece of code by Ctrl+Clicking the destination line is centered.
- Removed caching from Tools >> Editor Options.
- Widened the exception window.
- Removed caching from the first-time configuration window.
- Improved parsing progress messages in the status bar.
- Improved performance of the classes list toolbar.
- Improved function declaration/definition switching.
- Significantly improved performance when selecting text.
- Fixed parser error when parsing C-style cast of string constant.
- Huge rewrite of code folding implementation.
- Major improvements in typing responsiveness.
- Major reduction in flickering during typing.
- Around 40-50% reduction in memory usage per open file.
- Fixed devcppPortable not passing files with spaces in names to devcpp correctly.
- Improved performance when opening multiple files from explorer using Dev-C++.
- Code completion does not show up anymore for periods typed as part of numbers.
- The setup which includes TDM-GCC 4.8.1 (32bit and 64bit) can be downloaded here (47MB).
- The setup which does not include a compiler can be downloaded here (2MB).
- The portable version which includes TDM-GCC 4.8.1 (32bit and 64bit) can be downloaded here (34MB).
- The portable version which does not include a compiler can be downloaded here (2MB).
- The latest tested compilers can be downloaded here.
- Lastly, the source code can be found here (1MB). Alternatively, one can use git to clone any commit. Instructions can be found here.
Dev-C++ will automatically configure a 32bit and a 64bit compiler profile for you, and will select the 32bit profile if your computer does not support 64bit.